Role Profile: Junior Accountant
Background: MaolKeki Foundation (MKF), established in December 2017, is a rapidly growing organization based out of Manipur working in the areas of agriculture, healthcare and education. Since its inception, the Foundation has trained over 1,000 smallholder farmers on Good Agricultural Practices, conducted several door-to-door health assessments, and established an annual scholarship to support a Manipuri student at St. Stephen’s College, Delhi. In partnership with Syngenta Foundation India, MKF has also established a soil laboratory to provide farmers with quick analysis of their soils. The Foundation is also currently carrying out a value chain study for mushroom in Manipur in alignment with NABARD.
Due to the rapid expansion of our activities and resources, MKF is now looking for a part-time Junior Accountant (one to two weeks a month). Local accountancy firms may also bid to provide the service.
Location: Imphal, Manipur (home based)
Contract: Contract will be initially for one year and extended based on performance.
Compensation: Competitive salary with allowances for health and life insurance. Travel and other expenses will be reimbursed, where necessary. Training outside Manipur may be an option.
Description of role:
- Work closely with the Board of the Foundation, Project Coordinator and other team members
- Prepare monthly and annual closing statements
- Process payrolls, taxes, balance sheets, income statements, etc.
- Prepare all financial documents needed as per legal requirements and adhere to all accounting and financial guidelines
- Ensure the Foundation is registered under all necessary laws and regulations
- Support the annual audit of the Foundation’s accounts
- Attend to ad hoc requests from the team
- Degree(s) in accounting, minimum B.Com
- She/ He should be willing to travel to carry out the tasks of the Foundation within Imphal or to project sites
- The person must be a self-starter, self-motivated and willing to work in a developing, unstructured, environment with a problem-solving attitude
- Good relationship and communication skills
- This role demands fluency in Manipuri and English, other languages a plus
- Computer skills, especially accounting tools, necessary
Please send your CVs to email@example.com with the subject as “Junior Accountant – MKF”; deadline extended to 30th November 2019.